Veterans Services administers various veterans’ and dependents’ educational assistance benefit programs of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs for students attending this institution. The Veterans Affairs Office (VAO) is part of the Northwest Florida State College Office of Financial Aid, not the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
Our goal is to provide information and guidance about entitlements, filing claims to the DVA, certifying enrollments, and other supportive services for veteran students and eligible dependents enrolled at Northwest Florida State College. We at the Veterans Affairs Office are here to serve you. Take full advantage of our expertise, and gain the most you can from this once-in-a-lifetime educational opportunity.
New students are highly encouraged to make their initial inquiries for VA applications at the Veterans Affairs Office at the Niceville Main Campus. Contact Maronda Clark, VetSuccess Counselor at NWF State College, at Maronda.Clark@va.gov, or by phone at (850) 678-5111 ext. 6752
Veterans Office Forms and Resources
VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC)
VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) is a program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that places an experienced Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor directly on campus to assist & support Veteran students and their eligible family members. This counselor will serve as a “one-stop liaison” for Veterans on campus. All student Veterans, Active Duty Service members, and Dependents attending Northwest Florida State College can access the Department of Veterans Affairs through a full-time VA Counselor.
VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) Counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA benefits such as life insurance, Home Loan Guaranty, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment, and VA education benefits
- Guidance and support while using your VA educational benefits
- Vocational exploration and assistance in selecting a suitable career
- Assistance with referrals to VA Medical Centers and local Vet Centers
- Information on submitting a claim for disability compensation
- Employment information and assistance
- Locating community and other resources