Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) provides a voice for the Northwest Florida State College student body in all college affairs while helping to further the goals of the college from a student perspective. Furthermore, SGA participates with the Florida College System Student Government Association (FCSSGA) in representing students across the state to advocate change in Florida legislation beneficial to all college students. Lastly, SGA coordinates and regulates various activities for students such as fall and spring flings and various service learning opportunities.
Northwest Florida State College would like to challenge you to make an impact on college life at our college by becoming part of the student leadership of NWF State College. Student Government encourages you to run for office and is anxious to share with you the experience of representing the NWF State College student body. SGA meetings are held every Wednesday afternoon.
Am I eligible to run for SGA?
To be eligible for the office of President or Vice President, you must have:
- A minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Successfully completed 24 credit hours of college credit work by the end of the term in which elected
- Completed one full semester term as an elected or appointed SGA member
- Current enrollment in at least nine (9) college credit hours during the duration of his/her term
Students running for Senatorial candidacy must have:
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Current enrollment in at least nine (9) college credit hours during the duration of the elected term
Students running for Senator-At-Large must have:
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Current enrollment in at least six (6) college credit hours during the duration of the elected term
In addition, all students running for office must present a petition signed by at least 100 other NWFSC students (full or part-time) supporting his or her intent to hold office.
SGA Candidacy Application
SGA Student Signatures Form